Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dinner & Movie: tomato tart & a thriller

Even though 500 miles separate Boo & I, it doesn't keep us from still having date nights. Boo recently had an idea to have date nights. We decide on something to cook for dinner or to bake for dessert, and watch a movie simultaneously on Netflix while sitting with each other in Skype.

Tonight we picked Tomato Tart, a recipe via David Lebovitz, and it looks gooood. Especially while tomatoes are in season.

Boo felt like watching a thriller, so we picked out Momento featuring Guy Pearce (who we've seen in Count of Monte Christo and Bedtimes Stories (both awesome movies!))

Kat's Tomato Tart


This dish is wonderful! You won't miss meat in this baby, it's hearty and fills you up. This would be great for a chilly night indoors with a fire going and blankets. I added a little bit of artichoke hearts in mine and used fresh chives and basil from my window box. Instead of goat cheese, I used mozzarella, feta, and parmesan.

Boo:
I wouldn't give myself complete credit for this idea... I think that we both came up with it. And this is a great way to experiment with new vegetarian (or seafood) friendly dishes together. On top of trying the vegetarian thing and helping the environment while we do it, we are bulking up our cookbook and will have a variety of dishes to prepare once we cross back over to eating meat. I will say that it has been a challenge to go veggie, but not doing it alone helps. Anyway on to the dish and the movie...


Boo's 'Freestyling' Tomato Tart


I would also agree that this dish is amazing... I am not much of a baker, but I was able to stumble through it. Getting the crust to cooperate was the hardest part and since I didn't have a pie dish, I decided to 'freestyle' it! I also used artichoke hearts and mozzarella, but think that next time I will add some jalapeƱos or chilies spice to make it more flamin'. A great thing about this dish is that if you know what you like, you could throw in just about anything to compliment it and not go wrong. Give it a try yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment