Monday, February 28, 2011

Forget Girl Scout Cookies...Meyer Lemon Shortbread Cookies



Meyer Lemons

Lately I've been on a fresh food kick, making juices, and eating lots of vegetables and fruits. I guess this is the effect of using the juicer Brad's mom got me for Christmas, how good fresh foods make me feel from the detox diet, and how good fresh OJ tastes.


I've seen some recipes on the blogs I read for Meyer lemons. I hadn't heard of them, but evidently they're sweeter than normal lemons and are grown in California. I found some at the grocery one weekend and decided to give them a try. After noticing one of them went bad today, I decided I needed to do something with them!

So I took the zest of the lemon and made Meyer Lemon Shortbread Cookies, and made lemonade from the juice. The cookies come from the Tiny Urban Kitchen blog. They don't really taste like lemon, but are very sweet, and remind me of Girl Scout cookies! No need to pay $3.50 a box anymore!


Look at all that lemon, sugar, and butter


No comments:

Post a Comment