Sunday, August 1, 2010

Jalepeno Pie & Music

Earlier this week, I took advantage of this summer's freedom and stayed home. Albeit, I worked on some important things such as my thesis, the water resources report, and some content for the new Participatory Photo Mapping website. During my spare time I was able to cook up a recipe I have been wanting to try for some time now. It was a Jalepeno Pie and it was very good. It had all the ingredients I enjoy, but I decided to add a bit of tomato to balance the flavor. It was not really all that spicy, but very cheesy! Again, I had to cook this in a casserole dish because I have yet to invest in a pie pan, but the results are the same, but more cake-like in appearance.

Boo's Tomato-Jalepeno Cake-like Pie

Anyone who knows me, knows that I have an massive amount of music. So I also took some of that time to go through my ever growing music collection to round up some tunes for a few mix CDs for Kat. As it turns out, she is making the 600 mile trip up to Madison next week to visit and tour Wisconsin with me. I know how boring of a drive it is so I put together a 2 CD's for the occasion mixed with sappy love songs, new rock tunes, and some classic pop hits! I even added some flare to the covers... unfortunately the music won't quite cover the whole 9 hour trek, but will add some variety to those NPR dialogues!

The Album Art for "To Madison, With Love"

No comments:

Post a Comment